Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stop the Presses!

In trying to get some information out about the project, and being a journalist myself, the natural thing for me to do is compose an article I can give to the papers or TV to explain what I have, what I'm working on, and what I want to do with it.
The problem, though, is in the matter of professional ethics, which my Journalism professor, David Cassady, drilled into my head early on.
"A journalist is never the center of his own story," he said. 
In short, no matter how appealing this may be to people, I couldn't be the one to tell it, since I'm the focal point of it.
So, I got in touch with a fellow reporter at The Oregonian, whom I'd helped a little on another unrelated story, and asked if they might be interested in it.
I wasn't really expecting anything, but a few days later, I was contacted and asked to set up a time for an interview. That was in the middle of July, and I had to wait until last week to get it done, but done it is.
After nearly three hours of talking, notating, photographing and recording me reading excerpts from the Scroll, we got it done.
I was given no timetable on when I'll see it published (which is par for the course in this business and I tell people that all the time), but it appears it will be out before the end of the month.
When I have the links I'll post it here, there, and probably everywhere else.
In the meantime...Tally Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment